JAVA Scholarship Eligibility and Applications
- Descendants of a WWII Nisei military service member who served in the:
- 100th Infantry Battalion.
- 442nd Regimental Combat Team.
- Military Intelligence Service.1399th Engineer Construction Battalion.
- Other United States military units, including the Women’s Army. Corps or Army Nurses Corps.
- Current members of JAVA whose membership began prior to April 1, 2018.
- Children of current JAVA members are eligible to apply if the applicant’s parent or guardian was a member of JAVA prior to April 1, 2018.
- Past or present members of the Army’s 100th Battalion, 442nd Infantry Regiment, are eligible and encouraged to apply to the Senator Daniel K. Inouye Memorial Scholarship.
Applicants should first review published rules and forms. Applications and supporting documents must be electronically submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 19, 2020, to email@example.com with either “2020 Inouye Memorial Scholarship,” “2020 Founder’s Memorial Scholarship,” "Kiyoko Tsuboi Taubkin Legacy Scholarship," or for the other named scholarships, “2020 JAVA Memorial Scholarship” and the applicant’s name in the subject line. Applications not received by that date or that fail to meet the submission requirements will NOT be considered. Applicants will be notified of a decision by early June 2020. Awards will be presented at the annual JAVA scholarship luncheon on July 18, 2020.
2020 JAVA Memorial Scholarship Program Overview here.
2020 U.S. Senator Daniel K. Inouye Memorial Scholarship here.
2020 Founder's Scholarship here.
2020 Kiyoko Tsuboi Taubkin Legacy Scholarship here.
2020 JAVA Memorial Scholarships here.
Scholarship information can also be found on the JAVA website: